Served over noodles, this fantastic supper from Cheryl Sindergard showcases tender chunks of savory beef stew meat. The Plover, Iowa cook uses canned soups and onion soup mix to make the mouthwatering gravy. With a green salad and crusty bread, dinner is complete.&$151;Cheryl Sindergard, Plover, Iowa
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups milk
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- Hot cooked noodles or mashed potatoes
- Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag; add beef and toss to coat. In a skillet, brown beef in oil.
- Transfer beef to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the soups, milk and soup mix. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until the meat is tender. Serve with noodles or potatoes. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Flavorful Beef in Gravy in Quick Cooking July/August 2002, p61
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Flavorful Beef in Gravy
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review