Flavorful Beef in Gravy Recipe
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups milk
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- Hot cooked noodles or mashed potatoes
- Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag; add beef and toss to coat. In a skillet, brown beef in oil.
- Transfer beef to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the soups, milk and soup mix. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until the meat is tender. Serve with noodles or potatoes. Yield: 10-12 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now
Reviews for Flavorful Beef in Gravy
Sort By :
My family loves this recipe
I made with boneless, skinless chicken breasts cubes. No need to brown the chicken. Substituted with cream of chicken soup but still used cream of celery soup. Served over seasoned mashed potatoes. Not a big slow cooker fan but this may just change my mind some. It was really good with tons of flavor.
I love slow cooker meals and this one was so easy and inexpensive to make. Loved it.
Very good...I had less than 3lbs meat so I omitted one of the 2 COMs
I have made this very easy recipe multiple times. Everyone finds it yummy, including the kids.