Flavorful Beef in Gravy Recipe
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups milk
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- Hot cooked noodles or mashed potatoes
- Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag; add beef and toss to coat. In a skillet, brown beef in oil.
- Transfer beef to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the soups, milk and soup mix. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until the meat is tender. Serve with noodles or potatoes. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Flavorful Beef in Gravy(4)
Sort By :
I love slow cooker meals and this one was so easy and inexpensive to make. Loved it.
Very good...I had less than 3lbs meat so I omitted one of the 2 COMs
I have made this very easy recipe multiple times. Everyone finds it yummy, including the kids.
I made this dish for my family when it was published in 2002...eight years later, it's still one of my most requested dishes! It's so creamy, flavorful and comforting! I want to go make it again right now... :)