- 1 beef brisket (about 5 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup water
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) barbecue sauce
- In a Dutch oven, brown beef in oil on both sides over medium-high heat; drain. Top with onion, salt and pepper. Add water; cover and bake at 325° for 2-1/2 hours or until tender.
- Remove beef. Cool for 5 minutes; cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Discard onion and cooking liquid. Slice meat 1/4 in. thick across the grain; place in a roasting pan. Drizzle with barbecue sauce. Cover and bake at 325° for 30-45 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 16-18 servings.
Originally published as Flavorful Beef Brisket in Down the Aisle Country-Style 2000, p32
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now
Reviews for Flavorful Beef Brisket
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 6, 2009