Flavorful Barbecued Pork Sandwiches
Spirits will rise with every bite of these sandwiches! "The seasoning has lots of flavor," says Mrs. Jerome Privitera of Geneva, Ohio. "That's what friends tell me they like best when they ask me to bring these to our get-togethers."—Mrs. Jerome Privitera, Geneva, Ohio
12-16 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 6 hours + cooling
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 4 cup ketchup
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vinegar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon each paprika and chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3-1/2 to 4 pounds)
- 12 to 16 sandwich buns
- In a bowl, combine onions, ketchup, water, Worcestershire sauce,
- vinegar and seasonings. Place pork in a large roasting pan or Dutch
- oven; pour sauce over pork. Cover and bake at 325° for 6 hours.
- Remove roast and cool for 20 minutes; shred with a fork. Return to
- sauce in pan and heat through. Fill buns using a slotted spoon.
- Yield: 12-16 servings.
Wine: This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4