Spirits will rise with every bite of these sandwiches! "The seasoning has lots of flavor," says Mrs. Jerome Privitera of Geneva, Ohio. "That's what friends tell me they like best when they ask me to bring these to our get-togethers."—Mrs. Jerome Privitera, Geneva, Ohio
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 4 cup ketchup
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vinegar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon each paprika and chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3-1/2 to 4 pounds)
- 12 to 16 sandwich buns
- In a bowl, combine onions, ketchup, water, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar and seasonings. Place pork in a large roasting pan or Dutch oven; pour sauce over pork. Cover and bake at 325° for 6 hours. Remove roast and cool for 20 minutes; shred with a fork. Return to sauce in pan and heat through. Fill buns using a slotted spoon. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Barbecued Pork Sandwiches in Country Woman September/October 1995, p36
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Flavorful Barbecued Pork Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 24, 2012
"excellent flavour! easy to make! Would make an excellent dish for a potluck or picnic."