Flatbread Tacos with Ranch Sour Cream Recipe
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 teaspoons ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 tube (16.3 ounces) large refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- Optional toppings: sliced ripe olives and shredded lettuce and cheddar cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, dressing mix and lemon juice; chill until serving.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the beans, tomatoes, taco seasoning and pepper sauce; heat through.
- 3. Meanwhile, roll out each biscuit into a 6-in. circle. In a small nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook each biscuit for 30-60 seconds on each side or until golden brown; keep warm.
- 4. To serve, spread each flatbread with 2 tablespoons ranch sour cream; top each with 2/3 cup meat mixture. Sprinkle with toppings if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 452 calories, 21g fat (10g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 1368mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 23g protein
Reviews for Flatbread Tacos with Ranch Sour Cream
"I've made this several times. It has become a family staple. All I have to say is flatbread tacos and the entire family is excited for dinner!"
"Excellent! My husband said he would rather have tacos like this than the usual way I fix soft tacos (which is just meat and a packet of taco seasoning, along with using a flour tortilla). The diced tomatoes and beans really add to it and also provided that extra filling, so you end up with plenty. And I loved the biscuits as the shell (I used "Grands")! I did cut back just a little on the hot sauce, but that is just preference. I also added more ranch dressing than what was called for in the sour cream, as we love ranch! This is a keeper for sure!"
"These were great and I love the idea of making biscuits into flatbread. They were so moist! I recommend the to anyone.it was so easy and fast to put together."
"Used chicken instead of beef or turkey. Turned out fabulous!!!"
"This recipe is easy & delicious. We liked the change of pace to the typical taco & the biscuit makes this almost like comfort food. We ate them open face with forks instead of folding."
"Quick, easy, and tasty!"
"I made these out of my "best loved recipes" cookbook and they were well received by my family. I LOVED the ranch sour cream sauce. I did make tiny changes like using low fat sour cream, but that is the only change I made. Sooo yummy and pretty easy. The beans and tomato's were really good in the taco meat, I think I may do this in all my taco meat from now on."
"The refrigerated biscuit dough was an excellent idea. These were a nice break from the traditional corn or flour tortillas. I will be making these again soon!"
"I've made this a number of times. I had fun making it with my 6 year old niece who likes to help cook. She had fun rolling out the biscuits."
"This has become a go to recipe. I've served it to guest many times and it is always a hit."
"This was a good and simple dinner to make. I substituted plain greek yogurt for the sour cream and my son loved it. He states it is fantastic as a dip for artichokes."
"Very Delicous!! Easy to make! I will make this again!"
"Definitely will make these again. I loved the biscuit flatbread."
"I pulled out one of my older taste of home and saw this recipe and knew it would taste good. Its so easy and so yummy. I did use already made flatbread but will try the biscuits when I have more time to get dinner ready. Thanks for the great recipe!"
"Delicious! My kids and I loved these. Rolling out the buttermilk biscuits was a bit challenging for this beginner, but once formed they browned up easily. Look forward to making again!"
"Delicious. My husband and I love these. We're a huge fan of tacos of all kinds."
"Very good! What an idea using biscuits!"
"I made these tonight for last-minute guests including kids. They were so good, I think the sour cream mixture really makes it perfect. Rolling out the biscuits on a silicone pastry sheet was helpful. They brown easily in a small saute pan, and just use a large flipper. I covered with a towel to keep them warm. I only used 1 tsp. hot sauce since I wasn't sure if our kids would like it. Used lettuce and cheese on top. So delicious with a fruit salad on the side. Will be making this tasty meal again. highly recommend!"