Flatbread Tacos with Ranch Sour Cream Recipe
“These tasty flatbread tacos, made with convenient refrigerated biscuits, are ideal for serving buffet style. Set out the toppings and let everyone make their own!” -Jennifer Eggebraaten, Bothell, Washington
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 teaspoons ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 tube (16.3 ounces) large refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- Optional toppings: sliced ripe olives and shredded lettuce and cheddar cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, dressing mix and lemon juice; chill until serving.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the beans, tomatoes, taco seasoning and pepper sauce; heat through.
- 3. Meanwhile, roll out each biscuit into a 6-in. circle. In a small nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook each biscuit for 30-60 seconds on each side or until golden brown; keep warm.
- 4. To serve, spread each flatbread with 2 tablespoons ranch sour cream; top each with 2/3 cup meat mixture. Sprinkle with toppings if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 taco equals 452 calories, 21 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 1,368 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 23 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC