“These tasty flatbread tacos, made with convenient refrigerated biscuits, are ideal for serving buffet style. Set out the toppings and let everyone make their own!” -Jennifer Eggebraaten, Bothell, Washington
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 teaspoons ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 tube (16.3 ounces) large refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- Optional toppings: sliced ripe olives and shredded lettuce and cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, dressing mix and lemon juice; chill until serving.
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the beans, tomatoes, taco seasoning and pepper sauce; heat through.
- Meanwhile, roll out each biscuit into a 6-in. circle. In a small nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook each biscuit for 30-60 seconds on each side or until golden brown; keep warm.
- To serve, spread each flatbread with 2 tablespoons ranch sour cream; top each with 2/3 cup meat mixture. Sprinkle with toppings if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Flatbread Tacos with Ranch Sour Cream in Taste of Home October/November 2009, p59
Reviews for Flatbread Tacos with Ranch Sour Cream
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review