- 3/4 pound boneless beef round steak, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 small green pepper, julienned
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/2 medium tomato, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen snow peas
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion, green pepper and garlic in butter over medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are tender and meat is no longer pink. Add the broth and soy sauce; bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1-2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the tomato, snow peas and paprika; cook 30 seconds longer. Serve over rice. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Flash-In-The-Pan Pepper Steak in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p143
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Flash-In-The-Pan Pepper Steak
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 23, 2009
"Very tasty and so quick and easy!"