Dried, flavorful herbs and a few minutes of broiling bring out the delicious juices and flavors in this steak, created by our Test Kitchen. In a short amount of time, this great entree can be on your table tonight!
2 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + marinating Broil: 15 min.
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- Dash dried rosemary, crushed
- Dash dried basil
- 1 beef flank steak (1/2 pound)
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; brush over both
- sides of steak. Place in a large resealable plastic bag; seal bag
- and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Place steak on a broiler pan. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 6-8
- minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for
- medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium,
- 160°; well-done, 170°). Thinly slice across the grain.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3 ounces cooked beef equals 196 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 216 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 fat.