Flank Steak Recipe
Dried, flavorful herbs and a few minutes of broiling bring out the delicious juices and flavors in this steak, created by our Test Kitchen. In a short amount of time, this great entree can be on your table tonight!
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- Dash dried rosemary, crushed
- Dash dried basil
- 1 beef flank steak (1/2 pound)
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; brush over both sides of steak. Place in a large resealable plastic bag; seal bag and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- 2. Place steak on a broiler pan. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Thinly slice across the grain. Yield: 2 servings.
3 ounce-weight: 196 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 216mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Flank Steak
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC