Flank Steak with Orange Sauce Recipe
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 beef flank steak (1 pound)
- 1. In a small bowl, combine first six ingredients. Reserve 1/2 cup mixture for serving. Add oil and ginger to remaining orange sauce; pour into a large resealable bag. Add flank steak; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight. Cover and refrigerate reserved marinade.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade from steak. Place steak on a broiler pan. Broil 4 in. from heat 7-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, warm reserved orange sauce until heated through. Thinly slice steak across the grain; serve with orange sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 289 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 298mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein.
Reviews for Flank Steak with Orange Sauce
"Loved this recipe! I cooked it on the outdoor grill instead of under the broiler."
"Was not impressed by this at all. I don't think the orange and honey go well with flank steak. Not very good flavor. For flank steak I much prefer quick Cooking's recipe for "Tender Flank Steak" from Gayle Bucknam. Definitely will not be making this one again."
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.