Flank Steak with Horseradish Sauce Recipe
- 1 beef flank steak (1 pound)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- HORSERADISH SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1. Using a sharp knife, score the surface of the steak with shallow diagonal cuts at 1-in. intervals, making diamond shapes. Repeat on other side.
- 2. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the next five ingredients. Add steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Combine the sauce ingredients in a small bowl; cover and refrigerate.
- 3. Drain and discard marinade. Grill steak, covered, over medium-hot heat for 7-9 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well done, 170°). Thinly slice steak across the grain; serve with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (1/4 of steak with 2 tablespoons sauce) equals 225 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 353 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat.
Reviews for Flank Steak with Horseradish Sauce
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.