- 1 beef flank steak (1 pound)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- HORSERADISH SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- Using a sharp knife, score the surface of the steak with shallow diagonal cuts at 1-in. intervals, making diamond shapes. Repeat on other side.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the next five ingredients. Add steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Combine the sauce ingredients in a small bowl; cover and refrigerate.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill steak, covered, over medium-hot heat for 7-9 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well done, 170°). Thinly slice steak across the grain; serve with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Flank Steak with Horseradish Sauce
"This is oh so good. We've grilled it multiple times. If you are out of green onions, don't worry...the sauce is fine without them.~ Theresa"
"This is sooo good. You can grill or broil the steak and it tastes equally delicious."
"Excellent. I only had horseradish sauce on hand; so I used 3 teaspoons."
"As a weight watchers member, I rely on the Light & Tasty as well as Healthy Cooking and to date all of the 4-5 star recipes have always been a 'hit' with my family. This flank steak recipe in particular - I look forward to enjoying it medium rare at least twice a month."
"have made this recipe over and over - before this recipe flank steak was always tough - a very good recipe addition on my WW plan. The horseradish sauce is the 'icing on the cake' as you would say. A "keeper" says my husband."