- uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and water; stir into cranberry mixture. Bring to a
- boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in salt
- and pepper. Reduce heat to low; keep warm.
- Place steak on a broiler pan. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 7-9
- minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for
- medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium,
- 160°; well-done, 170°). Slice steak across the grain; serve
- with cranberry sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (3 ounces cooked beef with 1/4 cup sauce) equals 253 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 373 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fruit.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.