Flank Steak with Cranberry Sauce Recipe
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- CRANBERRY SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or additional reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Combine the orange peel, salt and cinnamon; rub over the flank steak. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. In a large saucepan coated with cooking spray, saute onions and garlic until tender. Add the cranberries, broth, wine or additional broth and cranberry juice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- 3. Combine cornstarch and water; stir into cranberry mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low; keep warm.
- 4. Place steak on a broiler pan. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 7-9 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Slice steak across the grain; serve with cranberry sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
3 ounce-weight: 253 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 373mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein Diabetic Exchanges:3 lean meat, 1 fruit
Reviews for Flank Steak with Cranberry Sauce
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.