Flank Steak with Cranberry Sauce Recipe
This tasty and tender steak, served with a mild sweet-tart cranberry sauce, makes a pretty presentation for a special-occasion dinner, says Ellen De Munnik, Chesterfield, Michigan.
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- CRANBERRY SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or additional reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Combine the orange peel, salt and cinnamon; rub over the flank steak. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a large saucepan coated with cooking spray, saute onions and garlic until tender. Add the cranberries, broth, wine or additional broth and cranberry juice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and water; stir into cranberry mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low; keep warm.
- Place steak on a broiler pan. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 7-9 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Slice steak across the grain; serve with cranberry sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Flank Steak with Cranberry Sauce in Light & Tasty October/November 2002, p42
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Flank Steak with Cranberry Sauce(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Dried Cranberry Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >