It takes just minutes to broil this nicely seasoned flank steak that’s served with made-in-minutes couscous. Slicing the meat on an angle across the grain produces the most tender results. If you prefer, a pound of sirloin steak can be used instead of the flank steak in this recipe.
Recommended: 52 Date Night Dinners
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 beef flank steak (1 pound)
- 2 packages (5.8 ounces each) roasted garlic and olive oil couscous
- 3/4 cup diced roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; rub over flank steak. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 7-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Meanwhile, cook couscous according to package directions. Stir in roasted peppers. Thinly slice steak across the grain; drizzle with Italian dressing. Serve with couscous. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Flank Steak with Couscous in Simple & Delicious May/June 2006, p7
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Flank Steak with Couscous
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review