- 1 beef flank steak or top sirloin steak, 1 inch thick (about 1-1/4 pounds)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 6-9 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place salsa and cilantro in a food processor; process until blended. Slice steak thinly across the grain; serve with salsa mixture, avocado and tomato. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now
Reviews for Flank Steak with Cilantro Salsa Verde
Sort By :
My husband loved this. He wants me to make it again this week. Leftovers make great sandwiches.