Flank Steak with Cilantro Salsa Verde
Even though steak is always a winner in our house, to make it even more special I add jarred salsa verde and top with freshly chopped tomato and avocado. —Lily Julow, Gainesville, Florida
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 beef flank steak or top sirloin steak, 1 inch thick (about 1-1/4 pounds)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper. Grill steak, covered, over
- medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 6-9 minutes on each side or
- until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer
- should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let
- stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place salsa and cilantro in a food processor; process
- until blended. Slice steak thinly across the grain; serve with salsa
- mixture, avocado and tomato. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.