Flank Steak with Cilantro & Blue Cheese Butter Recipe
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 beef flank steak (2 pounds)
- BLUE CHEESE BUTTER:
- 3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first five ingredients. Add steak; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 2-4 hours.
- 2. Drain beef, discarding marinade. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let steak stand 5 minutes before thinly slicing across the grain.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat blue cheese butter ingredients until blended. Serve steak with butter. Yield: 8 servings.
3 ounces cooked beef with 1 tablespoon blue cheese butter equals 283 calories, 19 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 302 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 24 g protein.
Reviews for Flank Steak with Cilantro & Blue Cheese Butter
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.