- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 beef flank steak (2 pounds)
- BLUE CHEESE BUTTER:
- 3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first five ingredients. Add steak; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 2-4 hours.
- Drain beef, discarding marinade. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let steak stand 5 minutes before thinly slicing across the grain.
- In a small bowl, beat blue cheese butter ingredients until blended. Serve steak with butter. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Flank Steak with Cilantro & Blue Cheese Butter
Sort By :
"We have made this several times on the grill and it turns out wonderful. We use Agave instead of honey because that is what we have and it works great. Do yourself a favor and try this easy and delicious recipe."
"makes a beautiful meal with very little effort and very big flavor!"
"Wow!! WOW!!! Was this every good! Wow!! Would give a bunch more stars if they were available!"
"Fantastic flavor! I made this with the "Fresh Green Beans with Garlic" recipe and dinner was delicious! I will make the cilantro and blue cheese butter every time I grill steaks."
"Cilantro and blue cheese are 2 of my favorite things, but I never dreamed of putting them together. This dinner was everything I dreamed it would be!"