- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 beef flank steak (2 pounds)
- BLUE CHEESE BUTTER:
- 3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first five ingredients. Add steak; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 2-4 hours.
- Drain beef, discarding marinade. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let steak stand 5 minutes before thinly slicing across the grain.
- In a small bowl, beat blue cheese butter ingredients until blended. Serve steak with butter. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Flank Steak with Cilantro & Blue Cheese Butter
Sort By :
"makes a beautiful meal with very little effort and very big flavor!"
"Wow!! WOW!!! Was this every good! Wow!! Would give a bunch more stars if they were available!"
"Fantastic flavor! I made this with the "Fresh Green Beans with Garlic" recipe and dinner was delicious! I will make the cilantro and blue cheese butter every time I grill steaks."
"Cilantro and blue cheese are 2 of my favorite things, but I never dreamed of putting them together. This dinner was everything I dreamed it would be!"