- 3/4 pound Johnsonville® Hot Ground Sausage or uncooked chorizo
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups unseasoned croutons
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 to 2 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 jar (16 ounces) picante sauce or salsa verde
- Additional picante sauce or salsa verde, optional
- Crumble sausage into a large skillet; cook for 6-8 minutes over medium heat until fully cooked. Drain. Cool to room temperature; stir in the eggs, croutons, onions and parsley.
- Cut steak horizontally from a long side to within 1/2 in. of opposite side. Open steak so it lies flat; cover with plastic wrap. Flatten to 1/2-in. thickness. Spread with sausage mixture. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; tie with string.
- In a large skillet, brown steak in oil. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Spread picante sauce over steak.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours or until meat is tender. Garnish with additional picante sauce if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Flank Steak Santa Fe
Sort By :
"Very good. I used Stuffing Mix instead of Croutons. I also used Bag Sausage instead of spicy. It came out just fine. One thing however, I would not cook it for any longer then 1-1/2 hours. It get a little dry if over cooked."