- beef, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8
- minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for
- medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium,
- 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 10 minutes. To serve,
- thinly slice across the grain.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, combine the vinegar, soy sauce, ketchup,
- onion, sugar, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper; cover and process
- until pureed. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady
- Place romaine and tomatoes in a large bowl. Drizzle with vinaigrette;
- toss to coat. Divide among eight plates; top with steak. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup salad with 3 ounces cooked beef equals 237 calories, 14 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 270 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.