Flank Steak Salad Recipe
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 beef flank steak (2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 small garlic clove, peeled and halved
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 bunch romaine, torn
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the lime juice, soy sauce, garlic and ginger; add the beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain beef and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill beef, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 10 minutes. To serve, thinly slice across the grain.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, combine the vinegar, soy sauce, ketchup, onion, sugar, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper; cover and process until pureed. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream.
- Place romaine and tomatoes in a large bowl. Drizzle with vinaigrette; toss to coat. Divide among eight plates; top with steak. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Flank Steak Salad(4)
Sort By :
The dressing reminds me of the ginger dressing used in Japanese restaurants. Love it.
I let my steak marinade overnight, used powdered ginger instead of fresh, and omitted the onions and pepper due to allergy issues - and it still came out wonderful! The dressing is very good. Although, I do think the salad portion size was a little on the small side - I added some spinach and extra romaine.
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Recipes >
- Asian Salad Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- BBQ Beef Recipes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Salads >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Grilled Beef Recipes >
- Grilled Salads >
- Grilled Steak Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Salads >
- Low Carb Recipes >