Flank Steak Roll-Up
"As a working mother of five hungry boys, I rely on my slow cooker to give me a head start on meals," comments Sheryl Johnson. The Las Vegas, Nevada cook rolls stuffing mix and mushrooms into flank steak before simmering it in an easy gravy.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 8 hours
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, undrained
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 package (6 ounces) seasoned stuffing mix
- 1 beef flank steak (1-3/4 pounds)
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- In bowl, toss the mushrooms, butter and dry stuffing mix. Spread over
- steak to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting
- with a long side; tie with kitchen string. Place in a 3-qt. slow
- Prepare gravy mix according to package directions; add onions and
- wine. Pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours. Remove
- meat to a serving platter and keep warm. Strain cooking juices and
- thicken if desired. Remove string from roll-up; slice beef and serve
- with gravy. Yield: 6 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.