"As a working mother of five hungry boys, I rely on my slow cooker to give me a head start on meals," comments Sheryl Johnson. The Las Vegas, Nevada cook rolls stuffing mix and mushrooms into flank steak before simmering it in an easy gravy.
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, undrained
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 package (6 ounces) seasoned stuffing mix
- 1 beef flank steak (1-3/4 pounds)
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- In bowl, toss the mushrooms, butter and dry stuffing mix. Spread over steak to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; tie with kitchen string. Place in a 3-qt. slow cooker.
- Prepare gravy mix according to package directions; add onions and wine. Pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours. Remove meat to a serving platter and keep warm. Strain cooking juices and thicken if desired. Remove string from roll-up; slice beef and serve with gravy. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Flank Steak Roll-Up in Quick Cooking September/October 2001, p49
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Flank Steak Roll-Up
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review