Flank Steak Pitas for Two Recipe
“This sandwich packs so much flavor, you’ll be satisfied without eating a huge serving. The marinade makes the most of flavorful ingredients, so you won’t even miss the cheese or mayo.” Tammy Kaminski - Stanwood, Washington
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Thai chili sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 pound beef flank steak
- 2 whole pita breads
- 2 pieces leaf lettuce, torn
- 1/8 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Pour 2 tablespoons marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the beef. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 10 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, grill pitas, uncovered, over medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until warm. Thinly slice beef across the grain. In a large bowl, toss the beef, lettuce and reserved marinade. Serve in pitas; sprinkle with sesame seeds. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 355 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 696mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch.
Reviews for Flank Steak Pitas for Two
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC