- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Thai chili sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 pound beef flank steak
- 2 whole pita breads
- 2 pieces leaf lettuce, torn
- 1/8 teaspoon sesame seeds
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Pour 2 tablespoons marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the beef. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grill pitas, uncovered, over medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until warm. Thinly slice beef across the grain. In a large bowl, toss the beef, lettuce and reserved marinade. Serve in pitas; sprinkle with sesame seeds. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Flank Steak Pitas for Two in Healthy Cooking
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Flank Steak Pitas for Two
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review