“This sandwich packs so much flavor, you’ll be satisfied without eating a huge serving. The marinade makes the most of flavorful ingredients, so you won’t even miss the cheese or mayo.” Tammy Kaminski - Stanwood, Washington
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Thai chili sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 beef flank steak (1 pound)
- 4 whole pita breads
- 4 pieces leaf lettuce, torn
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame seeds
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Pour 1/4 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the beef. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill beef, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grill pitas, uncovered, over medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until warm. Thinly slice beef across the grain. In a large bowl, toss the beef, lettuce and reserved marinade. Serve in pitas; sprinkle with sesame seeds. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Flank Steak Pitas in Healthy Cooking June/July 2010, p55
Reviews for Flank Steak Pitas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review