- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Thai chili sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 beef flank steak (1 pound)
- 4 whole pita breads
- 4 pieces leaf lettuce, torn
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame seeds
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Pour 1/4 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the beef. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill beef, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grill pitas, uncovered, over medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until warm. Thinly slice beef across the grain. In a large bowl, toss the beef, lettuce and reserved marinade. Serve in pitas; sprinkle with sesame seeds. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now
Reviews for Flank Steak Pitas
Sort By :
My husband and I are on a guided weight reduction program and this recipe was a wonderful treat, especially because we don't often indulge in sandwiches. The sauce is delicious, and we plan to try it with chicken to accommodate family members who don't eat red meat. I'm sure we'll use yhis recipe often.