Flank Steak Pinwheels Recipe
- 8 bacon strips
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- CREAM CHEESE SAUCE:
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1. Place bacon strips on a microwave-safe plate lined with paper towels. Cover with another paper towel; microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until partially cooked.
- 2. Meanwhile, cut steak horizontally from a long side to within 1/2 in. of opposite side. Open meat so it lies flat; cover with plastic wrap. Flatten to 1/4-in. thickness. Remove plastic. Place spinach over steak to within 1 in. of edges; top with red peppers.
- 3. With the grain of the meat going from left to right, roll up jelly-roll style. Wrap bacon strips around beef; secure with toothpicks. Slice beef across the grain into eight slices.
- 4. Grill, covered, over medium heat 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Discard toothpicks.
- 5. In a small saucepan, combine cream cheese, milk, butter and pepper. Cook and stir over low heat just until smooth (do not boil). Stir in blue cheese. Serve with pinwheels. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (2 each) equals 509 calories, 34 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 138 mg cholesterol, 812 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 43 g protein.
Reviews for Flank Steak Pinwheels
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.