- 8 bacon strips
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- CREAM CHEESE SAUCE:
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Place bacon strips on a microwave-safe plate lined with paper towels. Cover with another paper towel; microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until partially cooked.
- Meanwhile, cut steak horizontally from a long side to within 1/2 in. of opposite side. Open meat so it lies flat; cover with plastic wrap. Flatten to 1/4-in. thickness. Remove plastic. Place spinach over steak to within 1 in. of edges; top with red peppers.
- With the grain of the meat going from left to right, roll up jelly-roll style. Wrap bacon strips around beef; secure with toothpicks. Slice beef across the grain into eight slices.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Discard toothpicks.
- In a small saucepan, combine cream cheese, milk, butter and pepper. Cook and stir over low heat just until smooth (do not boil). Stir in blue cheese. Serve with pinwheels. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Flank Steak Pinwheels
"This is pretty easy to do and very tasty. We've made variations on this idea and they are all yummy!"
"this recipe is definately a winner! The only thing I have to remember when having guests to serve this to is 'do you like blue cheese?' And even if the answer is no, a garlic/herb butter to melt on top tastes fantastic as well! Highly recommend this dish!"
"Wonderful recipe. My family and guests loved it. It's a definite keeper!"
"I made this recipe with a boneless leg of lamb roast. It was absolutely delicious. I will definitely make this again."