Flank Steak Fajitas Recipe
- 1-1/2 to 2 pounds beef flank steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro or parsley
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 8 to 10 flour tortillas (7 to 8 inches)
- Sour cream, salsa and shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- 1. Place beef in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, garlic, jalapeno, cilantro, chili powder, cumin and salt; pour over beef. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- 2. Stir in red and green peppers. Cook 1 hour longer or until meat and peppers are tender. Thicken juices if desired.
- 3. Using a slotted spoon, place about 1/2 cup beef mixture down the center of each tortilla; fold sides over filling. Serve with sour cream, salsa and cheese if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 231 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 416 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.