This light egg custard recipe comes from a missionary friend who lives in Mexico. It's very typical of the Southwest...and very delicious!
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, sugar and salt. Stir in milk and
- vanilla. Sift brown sugar into eight 5-oz. custard cups or a
- 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Pour custard mixture over sugar.
- Place in shallow baking pan of hot water. Bake at 325° for 30-40
- minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Chill
- overnight. Sprinkle with additional brown sugar before serving or
- unmold to serve. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 165 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 151 mg cholesterol, 122 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 6 g protein.