Flaky Whole Wheat Biscuits Recipe
Whole wheat flour gives these biscuits a nutty, homey flavor. Ever since I started making these, white flour biscuits just don't taste as good! Pair them with soup slather them with whipped cream and sweetened berries for a dessert treat. —Trisha Kruse, Eagle, Idaho
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup King Arthur Premium 100% Whole Wheat Flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1 cup whole milk
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk just until moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times.
- Pat or roll out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place 2 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 425° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 10 biscuits.
Originally published as Flaky Whole Wheat Biscuits in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p240
Reviews for Flaky Whole Wheat Biscuits(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review