Flaky and bursting with flavor from honey and sweet potatoes, these biscuits are wonderful any time, but they’re best right from the oven. —DeLynne Rutledge, Lovelady, Texas
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the sweet potato, milk and honey just until moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 5-8 times. Pat out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-in. biscuit cutter.
- Place 2 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 14-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm. Yield: 17 biscuits.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Biscuits in Healthy Cooking October/November 2010, p35
Reviews for Flaky Sweet Potato Biscuits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review