- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 4 teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon milk, divided
- 4 teaspoons water
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 to 1-1/2 quarts fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Dash salt
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- In a bowl, combine flour and salt; cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Combine 4 teaspoons milk and water; gradually add to crumb mixture, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 450°. Roll out pastry to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Transfer pastry to pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edge of pastry. Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 7 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and remaining milk until smooth. Spread over bottom of crust; arrange strawberries over the top.
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, salt and water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Chill until partially set. Pour over berries. Refrigerate until set. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Flaky Strawberry Pie
Sort By :
"I am not a fan of regular strawberry pie, but I really enjoy this recipe. I love the cream cheese filling, and it so nicely complements the berries. Delicious!"
"I made this pie over the weekend with extra strawberries from my garden and my family loved it. Would high recommend it. I am having company this weekend and plan on baking another.Dee Simkins, Franklinville, NJ"