Flaky Fruit Dessert
Craving an old-fashioned crisp? Clara Honeyager of Mukwonago, Wisconsin uses cornflakes to create the yummy topping on this quick and comforting dessert. Best of all, warm servings cost a mere 36 cents each.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 can (21 ounces) fruit pie filling of your choice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups cornflakes
- In a bowl, combine pie filling and lemon juice. Transfer to a lightly
- greased 1-qt. baking dish.
- In another bowl, combine brown sugar, butter and cinnamon; add
- cornflakes. Spread over filling. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes
- or until heated through. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
Editor's Note: The cost per serving does not include optional ingredients such as garnishes. When there is a choice of two ingredients, the cost is figured with the first one listed.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 217 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 128 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.