Flaky Fruit Dessert Recipe
Craving an old-fashioned crisp? Clara Honeyager of Mukwonago, Wisconsin uses cornflakes to create the yummy topping on this quick and comforting dessert. Best of all, warm servings cost a mere 36 cents each.
- 1 can (21 ounces) fruit pie filling of your choice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups cornflakes
- In a bowl, combine pie filling and lemon juice. Transfer to a lightly greased 1-qt. baking dish.
- In another bowl, combine brown sugar, butter and cinnamon; add cornflakes. Spread over filling. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Flaky Fruit Dessert in Quick Cooking March/April 1999, p46
Reviews for Flaky Fruit Dessert(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review