- with butter. Unroll phyllo dough; trim to fit into pan.
- Layer 10 sheets in prepared pan, brushing each sheet with butter.
- (Keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to
- prevent it from drying out.) Top with half of the sausage mixture.
- Layer with 10 additional phyllo sheets, brushing each with butter;
- spread with ricotta mixture. Layer with five phyllo sheets, brushing
- again with butter; top with remaining sausage mixture. Layer with
- remaining phyllo and butter. Using a sharp knife, cut into 12
- rectangles. Cover and freeze casserole for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove
- from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 40-50 minutes or until golden brown and heated through.
- Yield: 12 servings.
Editor's Note: Look for phyllo dough in the frozen pastry section.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 484 calories, 30 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 183 mg cholesterol, 671 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.