Flaky Dill Biscuits Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 to 3 teaspoons dill weed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon half-and-half cream, divided
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, dill, salt and pepper. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. With a fork, stir in eggs and 1/2 cup cream just until moistened.
- 2. Drop by 1/4 cupfuls 2 in. apart onto an ungreased baking sheet. Brush tops with remaining cream. Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 9 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 228 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 455 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Flaky Dill Biscuits
"I really enjoyed these. As a side note, they were particularly good along side the Chunky Seafood Chowder which is another recipe on this website. Try it! You won't be disappointed!"