Flaky Dill Biscuits
The dill weed in these lovely golden biscuits really comes through. My friends like them because they're fluffy, tender and delicious. I like them because they don't take as much time to make as yeast rolls.
-Audrey Lockau, Kitchener, Ontario
9 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 to 3 teaspoons dill weed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon half-and-half cream, divided
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, dill, salt and
- pepper. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- With a fork, stir in eggs and 1/2 cup cream just until moistened.
- Drop by 1/4 cupfuls 2 in. apart onto an ungreased baking sheet. Brush
- tops with remaining cream. Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or
- until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 9 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 228 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 455 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.