Flaky Creme-Filled Cookies Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 2/3 cup marshmallow creme
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/3 cups confectioners' sugar
- Optional flavoring: 2 tablespoons baking cocoa, 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract or 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Optional filling: seedless raspberry preserves, blueberry preserves or crushed peppermint candies
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Cut in cold butter and cream cheese until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Shape into a disk; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut out with a floured 1-1/2-in. cookie cutter. Place 2 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake 7-10 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat marshmallow creme and softened butter until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar.
- TO MAKE CHOCOLATE-RASPBERRY COOKIES: Beat cocoa into marshmallow creme mixture. Spread on the bottoms of half of the cookies. Spread raspberry preserves on the bottoms of remaining cookies; top with creme-topped cookies. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
- TO MAKE LEMON-BLUEBERRY COOKIES: Beat lemon extract into marshmallow creme mixture. Spread on the bottoms of half of the cookies. Spread blueberry preserves on the bottoms of remaining cookies; top with creme-topped cookies. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
- TO MAKE PEPPERMINT COOKIES: Beat peppermint extract into marshmallow creme mixture. (Tint with 1 drop red food coloring if desired.) Spread on the bottoms of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies. Roll sides in peppermint candies if desired. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 6-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Flaky Creme-Filled Cookies(1)
Sort By :
Wow, these are really delicious. They take some time, but they are worth it. I substituted a little margarine for the butter in the cookie, and for all of the butter in the creme filling. I did not add any flavor to the creme filling and used strawberry jam for the optional additional filling. They were outstanding!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Blueberry Desserts >
- Blueberry Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Cut Out Sugar Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Holiday Cookie Recipes >
- Low Carb Desserts >
- Low Carb Recipes >