- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, whisk the first five ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; stir in cheese and chives. Add buttermilk; stir just until moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead gently 8-10 times.
- Pat or roll dough to 3/4-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place 2 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 10 biscuits.
Reviews for Flaky Cheddar-Chive Biscuits
Sort By :
"I loved these biscuits a lot! Very flavorful. I could eat the whole pan. Didn't change a thing. You'd think I really knew how to cook with these."
"These were really good but I did use milk instead of buttermilk and 11/2 tsp. dried chives instead of fresh."
"Delicious! I forgot to add the chives and cheddar before the buttermilk so I kneaded it in. I was afraid it would make it too tough, but it was just fine. The batter did seem dry; I had to knead it to get it to come together. I didn't have a biscuit cutter at the time so I cut it into squares. We loved them, would definitely make again."
"My daughter made these last night, and we thought they were terrific! We did not have any chives and just left that out. My husband ate one plain and one with apple jelly, and he liked it both ways."
"These were pretty good, although I don't know how often I'll make them. I thought they could maybe use some garlic or something to give them a bit more flavor. But they looked beautiful!"