Flaky Cheddar-Chive Biscuits
These wonderful, buttery biscuits complement any dinner. —Betsy King, Duluth, Minnesota
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, whisk the first five
- ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs;
- stir in cheese and chives. Add buttermilk; stir just until
- moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead gently 8-10
- Pat or roll dough to 3/4-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in.
- biscuit cutter. Place 2 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Bake
- 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 10 biscuits.
Nutritional Facts: 1 biscuit equals 236 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 440 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.