Flaky Bumbleberry Pie Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup cold butter
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and diced
- 1 cup diced fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed and drained
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed and drained
- 1 cup sliced fresh or frozen strawberries, thawed and drained
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1. In a small bowl, combine flour, salt and sugar. Cut in butter until mixture ensembles coarse crumbs. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until a ball forms. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- 2. Preheat oven to 400°. On a lightly floured surface, roll out half of the dough to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Transfer pastry to pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine filling ingredients; pour into crust. Roll out the remaining pastry; make a lattice crust. Seal and flute edges. Cover edges loosely with foil.
- 4. Bake 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; remove foil. Bake 40-45 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 449 calories, 23 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 528 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Flaky Bumbleberry Pie
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.