- 3 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 4 teaspoons ground pecans
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Gradually add flour and mix well. Divide dough into four pieces. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- On a floured surface, roll each portion of dough into a 12-in. x 8-in. rectangle. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over dough. Spread with preserves; sprinkle with pecans. Roll up tightly, starting with a short side; pinch ends. Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet. Using a sharp knife, make three slashes across the top of each roll.
- Bake at 350° for 28-32 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Combine glaze ingredients until smooth; drizzle over pastries. Yield: 4 pastries.
Originally published as Flaky Apricot Pastries in Taste of Home October/November 2001, p65
Reviews for Flaky Apricot Pastries(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review