- to cool completely.
- Transfer cake to a covered cake board. Using a small knife, cut out a
- 5x4-in. rectangle (1/2 in. deep) in the top left corner of cake,
- leaving a 1/2-in. border along edges of cake. For red stripes, cut
- out 1/2-in. wide rows (1/2 in. deep), leaving a 1/2-in. border.
- Using a fork, carefully remove cut-out cake pieces.
- In a small bowl, dissolve berry blue gelatin in 3/4 cup boiling
- water. Pour 1/2 cup cold water into a 2-cup measuring cup; add
- enough ice cubes to measure 1-1/4 cups. Stir into gelatin until
- slightly thickened. Scoop out and discard any remaining ice cubes.
- Repeat, making strawberry gelatin.
- In a small bowl, combine strawberries and 1 cup strawberry gelatin.
- In another bowl, combine blueberries and 1 cup blue gelatin.
- Refrigerate 20 minutes or just until soft-set. (Save remaining
- gelatin for another use.)
- Stir gelatin mixtures. Slowly pour blueberry mixture into rectangle;
- spoon strawberry mixture into stripes.
- In a large bowl, beat butter until fluffy; beat in confectioners'
- sugar and milk until smooth. Add marshmallow creme; beat well until
- light and fluffy. Spread 1 cup over sides and top edge of cake.
- Refrigerate remaining frosting 20 minutes.
- Cut a small hole in the corner of pastry or plastic bag; insert a
- large star tip. Fill the bag with remaining frosting. Pipe frosting
- in between rows of strawberry gelatin and around edges of cake.
- Refrigerate 1-2 hours or until gelatin is set. Yield: 15 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 438 calories, 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 81 mg cholesterol, 363 mg sodium, 67 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.