Five-Veggie Stir-Fry Recipe
An assortment of vegetables sprouts up in this marvelous medley from Rachel Thompson of Midlothian, Virginia. Orange juice lends a hint of the mildly seasoned sauce.
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups cauliflowerets
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup quartered fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup fresh or frozen snow peas
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, sugar and ginger. Stir in orange juice, soy sauce and garlic until blended; set aside.
- 2. In a nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry the carrots, broccoli and cauliflower in 3 teaspoons of oil for 4-5 minutes. Add mushrooms, peas and remaining oil; stir-fry for 3 minutes. Stir orange juice mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened. Serve over rice. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (1 cup) equals 382 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 648 mg sodium, 74 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC