Five-Vegetable Stir-Fry Recipe
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry broccoli in oil for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add squash, zucchini, red pepper, onion and garlic; stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine broth, cornstarch, sugar, ginger, salt if desired and cayenne; stir until smooth. Add to skillet. Bring to a boil and boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 7 servings.
1 cup: 82 calories, 5g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 31mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Five-Vegetable Stir-Fry
"This recipe is definitely a keeper! Very flavorful and can use just about anything as far as veggies go. I tried making this a little more Paleo by using organic coconut oil instead of canola oil, low sodium organic chicken broth and I didn't have yellow squash so I used asparagus instead. Also didn't have green onion so I used half of a mayan onion. I used a little bit more cayenne pepper and I put a few chunks of fresh pineapple with no cilantro and no rice. Will be making this one of my weekly dishes when we have a no meat night!!!"
"This is very good and easy if you have veggies from the summer in your freezer. I added carrots with rest of the veggies - very tasty!"
"I used slightly less ginger, and still this was a great sauce for any combination of vegetables (we threw everything we had in the fridge, cauliflower, cabbage, carrots, broccoli, onion). Instead of almonds we topped with edamame for a vegetarian main dish."