Five-Vegetable Medley Recipe
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled and julienned
- 2 medium carrot, julienned
- 2 celery ribs, julienned
- 1 small turnip, peeled and julienned
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the parsnips, carrots, celery and turnip in butter for 5 minutes. Add red pepper; cook and stir 1 minute longer. Add wine or broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-6 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (1/2 cup) equals 103 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 84 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.