To brighten up her mealtime menus, Katherine Desrosiers simply adds this colorful and delicious side dish. The busy cook from Trail, British Columbia cuts fresh veggies julienne-style and sautes them in a little butter and wine for a crisp-tender mix.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled and julienned
- 2 medium carrot, julienned
- 2 celery ribs, julienned
- 1 small turnip, peeled and julienned
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- In a large skillet, saute the parsnips, carrots, celery and turnip in
- butter for 5 minutes. Add red pepper; cook and stir 1 minute longer.
- Add wine or broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer
- for 4-6 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Serve with a slotted
- spoon. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1/2 cup) equals 103 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 84 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley
, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now