To brighten up her mealtime menus, Katherine Desrosiers simply adds this colorful and delicious side dish. The busy cook from Trail, British Columbia cuts fresh veggies julienne-style and sautes them in a little butter and wine for a crisp-tender mix.
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled and julienned
- 2 medium carrot, julienned
- 2 celery ribs, julienned
- 1 small turnip, peeled and julienned
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- In a large skillet, saute the parsnips, carrots, celery and turnip in butter for 5 minutes. Add red pepper; cook and stir 1 minute longer. Add wine or broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-6 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Five-Vegetable Medley in Quick Cooking November/December 2004, p38
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Five-Vegetable Medley
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 19, 2013
"Hubby and I thought this was very,very good and will definitely make it again. I used low sodium chicken broth."