Five-Vegetable Delight Recipe
- 2 cups each diced carrots, celery and onion
- 2 cups diced peeled potatoes and rutabagas
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a bowl, combine the vegetables; mix well. Crumble beef over mixture and toss gently. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 2. In a bowl, combine soup, water, salt and pepper. Pour over vegetable mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Rutabagas are available year-round, but fall and winter are the peak seasons. Buy small (3-4 inches in diameter) rutabagas that feel firm and have smooth skin. Refrigerate in a plastic bag for up to 1 month.
1 each: 154 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 360mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 12g protein.