This just about the only way my husband will eat onions. I received the recipe from a friend many years ago. Vary the vegetables depending on what you have in your garden. --Rose Mueller, Independence, Wisconsin
- 2 cups each diced carrots, celery and onion
- 2 cups diced peeled potatoes and rutabagas
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a bowl, combine the vegetables; mix well. Crumble beef over mixture and toss gently. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine soup, water, salt and pepper. Pour over vegetable mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Five-Vegetable Delight in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p183
Reviews for Five-Vegetable Delight
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review